The foundation for the promotion of socio-habitational change, PROCASHA is a non-profit made up of professionals from different disciplines committed to the issue of habitat in Bolivia. Initially established in August 2001 as a space for research, analysis and project development, PROCASHA aims to aid in the search for housing alternatives that will allow people from low-income backgrounds to have access to adequate housing.
To promote housing cooperatives through mutual aid and service co-operations for the socio-habitational improvement of under served communities and as alternatives to the construction of housing. To train teams that specialize in providing technical advice and management for the creation of methodologies and that facilitate the improvement of socio-habitational change and the development of actions for the design and implementation of equitable, fair and inclusive public habitational policies at all levels of the Plurinational state.
- Socio-habitational improvements: Service cooperative
- Training: Technical Advice Teams
- Research: Issues of habitat and housing
- Creation of public housing policies
- Consulting: housing, habitat, and territorial/urban planning
- Cooperative Undertakings: linked to habitat and housing
Volunteer / Intern requirements
- Advanced Spanish
- University degree and experience in the following fields: project management, training, architecture, engineering, social work or related
- Have knowledge of housing organization and cooperatives
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Minimum commitment of three months.