0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Click on any of the questions below to see the response:
- Why should I choose to study in Bolivia?Bolivia is known for its unparalleled natural beauty and resources, its unique and vibrant indigenous cultures, its range of climates and terrain, and its secluded position in the heart of South America. What a lot of people do not know is that the Spanish spoken in Bolivia is considered to be one of the clearest forms of Spanish in Latin America. Many are also unaware of Cochabamba’s stunning variety of cultural activities and night life.
- Does Sustainable Bolivia provide other services for its students?We provide free internet access and use of a phone to make international calls during our operating hours. Additionally, there is the opportunity for sponsored social activities in the evening and on the weekends.
- What Spanish programs are offered by Sustainable Bolivia?Our intensive Spanish program consists of 4 hours per day of one-to-one instruction. Upon request, we can also provide group lessons of between 2 and 4 students. We offer several customized options for individuals who desire a bit more (or less) than our basic Spanish program. We attempt to be as flexible as possible, tailoring our offerings to the needs of each individual student.
- Do you have a teaching philosophy?Our classes not only include traditional textbook grammar instruction but involve practice through examples based on current social/political events, history, personal stories, or whatever else might be happening in Cochabamba. It is our belief that this is the most effective and interesting way to learn a foreign language.
- How long do I need to study to communicate in Spanish?Of course this is a difficult question and varies according to each student, but normally students can learn basic Spanish communication skills in three to four weeks.
- What class materials do you provide?We provide all basic materials for your Spanish classes. Students are only required to purchase a notebook and pen.
- What are the schedules for classes?Our normal class schedule is from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and from 2:00 to 7:00 PM.
- How can I pay?You can pay in cash or with credit card. Because of the high cost, we prefer to only accept credit cards to process larger purchases.
- Is there a registration fee?No. Unlike other language schools, we do not require a registration fee.
- What is your cancellation and refund policy?We do not charge anything for cancellation as long we are given 12 hours prior notice.
- When do I have to pay for classes?You can pay anytime before your first day of class. Payment must be made before each week of classes taken.
- Do I need to have a certain level of Spanish before starting classes?No. We receive students of all levels.
- Can I learn a language other than Spanish?Yes, in addition to Spanish language classes we offer classes with native speakers of the most widely spoken indigenous language in Bolivia: Quechua.