Mission & Purpose
Sustainable Bolivia’s mission is to enact sustainable development and environmental conservation in the Bolivian Amazon by supporting and partnering with community-led initiatives.
Sustainable Bolivia uses a comprehensive approach to environmental conservation poverty alleviation in the Bolivian Amazon. We do this through a three-pronged approach: 1) community ecotourism initiatives to enable local residents to be stewards of the land and its biodiversity; 2) conservation, reforestation and resource-management projects 3) environmental education and research. We also place volunteers in mutually rewarding and impactful placements with local NGOs in the nearby city of Riberalta.
- To oversee the protection, reforestation and expansion of the Aquicuana Reserve
- To provide local communities a financial incentive for environmental protection
- To provide communities inside the reserve access to basic services such as clean water, electricity and medical supplies.
- To contribute to the development of Bolivia’s international tourism industry in a socially, fiscally and environmentally sustainable manner
- To promote language revitalization for the native languages: Cavineno, Chacobo and Ese Eja.
- To help protect the cultural and biological diversity of Bolivia.
- To further global awareness of Bolivia
- To provide practical experience for a new generation of social and environmental advocates.
- To provide a space for cross cultural dialog and understanding