Public Health or Medical Volunteer in a clinic
Sustainable Bolivia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bolivian Amazon that partners with local initiatives to provides resources that support ecotourism, health and education. Volunteers and interns are placed with partner NGOs throughout the country, namely in and around Riberalta, Bolivia.
SB is working with a small local clinic which is welcoming interns and volunteers. Volunteers and interns can work in the morning in the maternity and in the afternoons help out in campaigns to raise awareness on illnesses contracted by mosquitoes.
- Work together with the nurses in the mornings
- Prepare a plan of action and activities for the children around games, books, drawings, etc.
- Support in promotion campaigns outside of the hospital in the afternoons
- Support ordering up and listing the needs of the program in terms of medicines and playing material
- Organize a fundraising for a specific project
- Look for public and private funding
- Create content (photos, videos, articles, 1 pager, etc.) to promote the initiative
- Basic Spanish
- Health care professional or student of medicine, public health or a related topic
- Confidentiality with patients
- Minimum commitment period of 1 month
To apply please fill in the form here. For more information, please contact us here or at email@example.com