Sustainable Bolivia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bolivian Amazon that partners with local initiatives to provides resources that support ecotourism, health and education. Volunteers and interns are placed with partner NGOs throughout the country, namely in and around Riberalta, Bolivia.
SB has several partners in the sector of education, who need someone to help the staff and educators in their work with the children.
Responsibilities may include:
- Preparing and implementing educational activities including sports, music, art, gardening and mindfulness
- Helping plan and supervise children on off-campus outings
- Assisting children with homework, art projects and presentations
- Carrying out daily structure, ensuring children´s completion of chores and responsibilities
- Providing direct care to infants and one-on-one support to special needs students
- Helping with meal preparation and menu planning ensuring quality nutrition
- Helping maintain community garden when there is one
- Minimum commitment of 1 month
- Basic Spanish
- Experience working with youth
- Patience and flexibility, ablity to work with little supervision
- Due to the large proportion of boys males are especially encouraged to apply
To apply please fill in the form here. For more information, please contact us here or at firstname.lastname@example.org